You're the backbone of our office!Position: Administrative Assistant, Part-time eventual full-time
Hours: Min. 30 hrs/wk to start. Mon to Fri 9am-3pm
Compensation: $14/hr to start
Primary Location: Head Office @ 6751 Graybar Rd., Richmond BC
Secondary Location: Lansdowne Centre
We are Ulferts Furniture Canada, and we are a provider of quality home and children's furnishings. Our passion is in helping our clients create unique living spaces with our products. We've currently working towards a major relaunch of our brand and are looking to build our team with happy, engaged, and enthusiastic people. The Administrative Assistant position is an important addition to our team to ensure the continued success of our rapid growth.
In your position you will be integral in supporting our team with day-to-day operations, and your contributions will involve both our Ulferts Kids and Ulferts Home Furniture divisions.
Here are some of your key responsibilities & interactions:
- Bookkeeping - processing AR/AP, expenses
- Inventory Management & Purchase Ordering
- Handling phone, email, and web-based customer service inquiries
- Limited marketing tasks (digital social content, product descriptions)
- Generating quotations and invoices
- Limited showroom hosting for walk-in clients
- Staff, delivery & appointment scheduling
- Logistics - liaison between sales and freight agents
- Office support: Store opening, appointment scheduling, ordering supplies
We're interested in individuals who can immediately add value to our business and contribute to our company culture. We want to meet candidates that:
- Pay close attention to detail and consistency
- Meet commitments in a timely fashion; shows a bias for action
- Are flexible, resourceful, self-starting and diplomatic
- Are extremely well-organized and great at planning
- Have a positive outlook in both their personal and professional life
Our advantage is being an agile small business, where everyone pitches-in and can make a direct impact. You'll have opportunities to experience and be exposed to many different facets of our growing business, with consideration for future advancements into other areas of our company. We believe in investing in our own team members, and this is one of the many benefits of joining our company.
To perform successfully in this position, here are the essential skills you possess:
- Advanced computer skills -- our operations are entirely cloud-based.
- Extremely well-organized and great at planning
- Excellent communications skills in-person and over the phone (you don't hesitate to pick-up the phone)
- Strong grammar and spelling skill for emails (e.g. you know when to use "their" Vs. "there" Vs. "they're")
The following skills are also assets and valuable to our team:
- Bilingual: English, Mandarin Chinese(major asset)
- Experience teaching children, ECE, daycare is an asset.
- Google Apps: Google Docs, Drive, Gmail, Calendar
- CRM & Project Management tools
- POS systems: eCommerce and Credit Card machine terminals
- E-mail systems: Mailchimp
- Cloud file sharing: Dropbox
- Other: Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Hootsuite, Google Analytics
- Computer Platforms: Mac OS (we are Mac-based), Windows 7, Linux
- Starting part-time work schedule, M-F 9:00 am and 3:00pm, with option for full-time in the future. Occasional Saturday shifts may be an option.
- This position reports directly to the managing partner.
- The administrator will be located on-site at our head office at 6751 Graybar Rd., Richmond BC.
- Sorry, telecommuting ("working from home") is not an option.
- Anticipated start date: Immediately
If you believe you're a fit for this position and our company, we'd love to meet you. Please send us your cover letter and resume in PDF format.
Unfortunately, due to the amount of applications we receive for this and other vacancies, we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries about the status of your application. This listing will be removed from Craigslist once the position has been filled.
Note: Please do not contact us if you are soliciting your virtual assistant services or if you are an employment hiring agency, as we are looking to connect directly with candidates. This position is open to local residents in the Vancouver Lower Mainland area only.